so i promised at my perhentian trip post that i'll write up a post about what to wear to the beach.
sorry it took a while!
basically it's quite simple. i like to pack light coz to go to perhentian or any other beaches in Malaysia, you will have to take a boat or ferry from a jetty to the island.
so you have to prepare yourselves with bags yang easy to carry and wear comfy clothes. coz you have to climb in and out of the boat/ferry. motip la kan nak pakai high heels and tight dresses and then you have to climb into a speedboat.
i know right.. =\
from the comments, a lot of you girls have concerns when it comes to doing watersports like snorkeling or simply just swimming in the sea as a hijabi.
i was quite concerned myself..
so, from my first time experience, these are the 10 things you can't go to the beach without!
1. a thin material shawl, i think it's called chiffon. haha! sorry, bad with kain names.
so why thin material shawl? - coz i want it to dry up fast. i prefer shawls but i know some prefer tudung bawal. it's up to your comfort k?
2. inner neck. this you can buy at jalan tar, or online. it's practically at every hijab store too. i wear this for the obvious reason. so that my hair & neck will be covered. biarlah layer lebih, asalkan terjaga. heheee =)
3. long sleeved top, and i was wearing a cotton material top so that it would dry up quickly.
4. harem printed pants coz i don't want my pants to rise up above my ankles and printed because it distracts from making the shape of my legs obvious when the pants is wet. haha! fikir jauh okaaayhhhh! you can buy harem pants at the jetty if you haven't got any, or use track pants which is tight at the ankles. wear what you have je~
5. flats/slippers. i used flats because i forgot to bring my slippers. but really, all you need is one foot wear. coz at the beach, it feels better to just be barefoot. your feet sinks in the sands anyway.
ok meh i bagi skin care tips sat nooo~
i recommend Sunplay ni because it has the highest SPF and affordable. SPF stands for 'sun protection factor' and the higher the SPF number, the longer the protection time. look at the ad, Sunplay's sunblock is SPF 130!! apart from protecting the skin from UVA and UVB rays, it can hydrate our skin from the super sun exposure at the beach.
so bring it along with you when you go snorkeling! after snorkel, top up sikit kat muka. my friends and i camtu la. after snorkeling at one point, we top up our sunblock before reaching to our next snorkeling point. alhamdulillah i didn't tan too much! considering the many hours spent in the salt water under the hot blazing sun, i didn't even get sunburnt! =D
girls (and guys?), i hope you make it a habit to wear sunplay sunblock before going out for outdoor activities like snorkeling. Afterall, Sunplay sunblock acts as an anti-ageing agent. definitely a plus!!
fyi, i put on sunblock everytime i go out for outdoor activities like jogging, snorkeling, etc etc.
that's why i look like a 16 year old. *lawak hambar*
check this out! =D
8. swimming suit/tank top/inner wear to wear underneath your top because sometimes our top will move about thus showing off our skin when in the water. i was wearing a long tank top which i tucked in the pants. so bila baju naik naik, tak nampak la badan. =)
9. sunglasses/shades! your eyes need some TLC too you know and apa salahnya nampak over sikit kat beach? AHAKK! =p
10. waterproof bag where you put all your gadgets, sunblock, pario, food, drinks, etc etc. this can be found anywhere on the island. it costs around RM 80 - 100, so bring some money along. but if you don't wanna buy a waterproof bag, just bring a handy bag for you to carry around. i didn't buy mine fyi. i borrowed from my friend. =)
so that's it really.
the reason why i didn't wear a muslimah swimming suit is because i don't want to spend money on something i know i won't wear frequently. bila masa la i nak swim swim kan? so i just wear what i have and make the most of it.
yeah, it's a lot of layers, but that's where our iman is tested isn't it?
so chill la and enjoy the water, the beach, the sand, the ambience!
and wear your sunblock please!!
hope this helps!