Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

A Can of Peaches

 I bought a can of peaches, and here's what i made with them:


1. Peach Pastry


My arwah nenek used to make apple strudels... tetibe..
Anyway, I had peach strudels at Kenny Hills & it was good, but considering the price and the pain of going there, i thought i could just make it myself. I didn't make peach strudels though because i wasn't about to spend $$ for whipping cream and icing sugar. This was sweet enough for me too so ok la 😚 
Only used the pastry sheet Kawan tu, and put the sliced peaches in the middle, spread a bit of butter around it, put in the air fryer for 10 mins at 200degC. 

2. Peach Jelly

I made this with about 90g of sugar instead of what was instructed (250g) since the peaches are sweet already. Eating this at tea time, or just for munchies felt so.. comforting 😊
I'm planning to get lee chee kang and putting some of these jellies in. Huhu!


3. Peach Crumble

My fave! Usually i make apple crumbles, but it tasted just as good with peaches (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Made with oats, butter, a bit of brown sugar & cinnamon, baked at 200degC for 10mins and tadaaa!


Thing is, as much as i'd love to go to cafes and have their pastries and teas, they're basically a luxury. I save so much more when i make them myself, and i control the portions and i won't feel like i'm cheating myself. I don't know how many times i was disappointed by some 'recommended' places... Geram tau.. Penat my husband keje for that money... 😢 Food pun camtu.

I always tell my family kalau nak makan luar, makan something i cannot make at home. Setakat ayam kunyit ke, butter chicken ke, sup daging ke etc etc, inshaAllah i can make them. Kalau nak nasi kandar ke, i think boleh la kot nak try try kat luar tu heheeee 😝 (so far my favourite kat mahbub sebab kari udang dia sedap tapi ada aunty ni kata yaseen or is it insaf(?) kat kl lagi sedap? Tak tau, tak try lagi..)

SO yearrrhhh. Itu je 😁



No comments: