- newbie. a person who acts like a newbie at a task. you can say 'bimbo' but 'noob' sounds less offensive.
taken from the minds of Maria Elena.
ok i suka hati je create the meaning. noob is actually originated from the gaming world. dunno what game coz i pun tak main. but whatever la.
noob is noob. =p
anyway, i've been quite noob lately. here's why.
1. i was looking everywhere for my car keys one morning before heading out of my house to work. i searched everywhere! i even went in the toilet and checked in the washing machine (in fear i washed it with my jeans).
but tak jumpaaaa. punya panic. like where the heck can my keys be! camane nak gi keje!!!! then i scratched my head. pastu sedar.
the keys. in. my. hand.
2. i had an eye infection the other day so i had to wear my glasses to work. i dah tak biasa sangat pakai specs ni and i never quite liked it because i don't like the feeling of my sight being restricted within the lenses. nak jeling pun susah. blur je nampak. mana syok! so i took it off la masa kat office tu. after a while i macam dah penat asyik squint squint tengok computer screen, i reached out for my glasses. it wasn't on my table. punya i cari kat my table tu. depan belakang laptop i check. on the floor. no specs there. aneh! i thought i placed it right next to my notebook.. then i scratched my head.
the specs. my glasses. on. my. head.
3. i always have my phone near me when working. why? because sometimes some supplier or client and sometimes my bosses call me at unexpected times. so have to prepare la kan. anyway, when working kan have to be focused. one time i wanted to change the P&ID on autocad urgently sebab boss mintak. masa tu laaaa my mouse don't work!! punya i gerak gerak kan my mouse, then wonder why the cursor tak gerak. maki maki i kat the poor mouse. rosak ke apa?? tengok je mouse.. oh. patutlah.
i was holding my phone. not the mouse.
4. now ni kisah years ago, when i was still in UTP. i think this is the ultimate noob la.
dato's hair was quite long then. ala ala indie but he's not indie at all. he's just pemalas nak kisah. haha! anyway, he had a haircut one morning and i went with him. teman la kan. kata awek. haha! anyway, i was with him, i saw his haircut and ok la. habis cerita itu haircut. that night, we wanted to have dinner together. he came to my block to pick me up. as i walked to his car, i waved, buat muka entahpape, i pun tak ingat. when i climbed in the car, i turned to look at him then i terkejut melompat kot!! salah kete!! i felt embarrassed and i wanted to go out immediately, but then i realised; memang dato' la! i was in his car but i thought i wasn't coz i didn't recognise him. ya Allah. imagine, i forgot how my own boyfriend looked like after a haircut PADAHAL I IKUT DIA KOTTTTT!!!